Monday, 30 March 2009
Friday, 27 March 2009
I've been anticipating the release of this movie for what seems like ages now. I'm interested to see Sylar's interpretation of Spock, and Simon Pegg as Scottie!? How cool is that? ^-^!
What I wasn't expecting, however was that Barbie would be getting in on the act, but it seems Mattel have been on the ball here and produced a new line of Star Trek dolls to go with the new movie.
Now, if only Tonner would hurry up with those Dr Who/Torchwood dolls and someone would make some Firefly dolls we'd be on track ^-^!
Wednesday, 25 March 2009
Monday, 23 March 2009
Tuesday, 17 March 2009
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won't be controlled
- * figure out others' weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
I'd been itching to adopt a new petite Blythe for a while now, so when this girl popped up on a certain evil auction site I knew I had to have her!
Meet my Charlotte Champignon, 'Truffle'...
Holly and the elated dollies ^-^! xoxoxo
Monday, 16 March 2009
Wednesday, 11 March 2009
Monday, 9 March 2009
On friday Cookie and I went to town.
The only dolly news of note was the fact that for some reason 'Schuh' have taken to using their own mocked up 'Schuh' fashion dolls in their displays... I would have taken photos but I was about the only person in there so I felt a tad conspicuous ^-^!
Other than that I bought a cool kitschy craft book and real ale and chip butties were enjoyed by all ^-^!
On Saturday Little Miss P went to the theatre with my parents, so that gave Fezz and I ample opportunity to go and see 'Watchmen'. Fezz is a big Alan Moore fan, I would be if I ever seemed to have time to sit down and read... The film wasn't completely devoid of merit, they'd obviously tried really hard, but they'd tried so hard to cram everything in that being such an epic and multiliayerd tale it was never really going to fit. I think it had little chance of working properly as a movie because it's simply not suited to the format. It was nice to see a non-PG rated film for a change though ^-^!
I bet you thought I'd have problems finding a dolly angle on this didn't you? Well actually I can rely on the, frankly brilliant, Liana at Liana's Paper Doll Blog to bail me out with a Silk Spectre paper doll costume ^_^!!! (Clicky here to go there)...
There's also some cool modded Watchmen action fiures to be seen here: http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/watchmen-custom-action-figures.php
Proceeding on to Sunday... I may have accidentally splashed on a Barbie petite club doll and a bargain Barbie in a damaged box. Yes I am very bad and have no self control!
We also watched the final part of the live action movie adaptation of 'Death Note'. I really enjoyed it, I think I'll have to invest in the graphic novels! L is awesome, I am so tempted to get a Taeyang and make him L! In the meantime I wouldn't mind this guy keeping me company :)
Thursday, 5 March 2009
Pullip Withered nude (sand semi-matted, her eyebrows are drawn on in pencil and can be wiped off and redrawn/painted by you if you wish :), Obitsu body)
Dal Sooni nude(stock)
Brunette Repro Sindy nude
Vintage Perfekta Yes/No doll in original outfit.
Holly and the prioritising dollis xoxo
Wednesday, 4 March 2009
Monday, 2 March 2009
From the writer of '6 Feet Under' (which I never saw) Lars has problems relating to people after an affection starved childhood following the death of his mother in childbirth. As an adult, to cope with his loneliness, Lars invents himself a girlfriend by projecting a personality onto a 'Real Doll' that he orders via the internet and the effect that this has on his family relationships and community.
It really is better than I make it sound, lol!